Most would agree that gambling is fun! As a form of
entertainment, it can be an enjoyable way to socialize. Gambling has become an accepted part of the American
culture and for most, they are able to do so recreationally
with no adverse consequences.
However for some, gambling becomes something they
feel they need to do rather than an activity they want
to do for fun.
Knowing these warning signs of problem gambling will
help you make better choices:
- A preoccupation with gambling
- You talk only about wins, not losses
- Gambling is a way to escape from problems
- Hiding losses from family members
- Borrowing money in order to gamble
- Gambling results in withdrawal from family and friends
- Stopping or cutting back seems impossible